Sunday, August 03, 2008

As one summer camp ends, another begins

Sorry that I haven't written much of late, I've been busy with the summer camp for my school. We had a one week camp that I had to create most of the curriculum for. We did role playing for a birthday party, for a bank, airport and many other things. We had to create materials for them to use as well. It went well, but I was under a lot of stress as most of the materials I ended up making up on the fly for the roleplaying.

Then after camp ended on Saturday afternoon, I had to start preparing for a summer camp I'm doing this week. A good friend of mine was diagnosed with advanced cancer. He was in Korea with his wife and two kids. He recieved the diagnoses and within a week he was heading back to the US. Though in order to get the school to pay for his flight home, he had to find someone to work the final week of his camp, since I had nothing to do, I volunteered.

Well, this blog was started on Monday and now on Wednesday I pick it up again. I've been extremely busy this week. We have a rock lottery going on in Jeonju where you put your name in a hat with a bunch of other people then draw four names and those are in a band. That goes on and on until you have no names left. Well, I'm in a band with 3 people I know (though 2 of them don't really have musical talent) and we've got 2 weeks to put this together (one actually because one of our members is going to Japan for a week next week). We've got to come up with 3-4 songs that are original or covers. It's been keeping me busy, especially since I've also been covering for people on vacations with their private lessons that they work. Monday I left the apartmet at 7:45am and got home at 10pm. Yesterday I left at 7:45 and got home at 9, today I'll be getting home at 10 again, tomorrow will be later too. I can't wait til next week. My vacation will truely begin!!!!!

Other than that, nothing new is going on really. I miss you the family and wish I could be back home to congratulate my sister on her new baby, and to go to the zoo with my nieces and nephew's (well technically niece... come on Mar, Nadine needs another girl in the family!)

Will post more when life dies down (and the internet in my apartment gets fixed)

3 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Rhea said...

David--It's so good to hear from you! It sounds like you are really busy right now! Make sure that when you have vacation, that you take your vacation. I think that you are really deserving of it right now!
And I'm impressed that you are making up all the materials for your summer camp! Maybe you've got a new career here!
Love you!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Eric and Marya said...

Hey!! Sorry I haven't replied earlier - I haven't been able to check internet lately!! Great to hear about your busy life. And it was great to hear from you last week!! It makes us miss you even more!!! Take care of yourself!!
M

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, you are so busy! I know that you are teaching, but you are doing so much more on top of that.

How is your friend doing? That is pretty terrible news for him and his family.

Let us know how your holidays went.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares